In this tutorial we'll be showing you how to use our Feedback Management tool, but
in order to send emails to your customers, you have to first setup the following:
1) Categories for your products
2) Emails Templates to send to your customers
3) Campaigns control when your emails are sent and to who
We’ll go over each of these in detail and if you’re following along, we suggest you follow this tutorial in sequence
Remember, there is an interactive tutorial on every page in Seller's Suite. You
can access the tutorial by clicking on the question mark on the upper left-hand corner
(as seen below).
Also, categories will be a big part of Seller’s Suite, as you will use
categories to attach your products to various tools. This is to make it easier for you
to setup, especially those who have a large inventories. In this tutorial we
will be creating a category and attaching it to items in our inventory.
Creating categories is optional, but if you want to take advantage
of segmented campaigns then you have to create categories for your products.
To get started, click on “Product Categories” in the side menu.
With a category name in mind, type the name of the category in the input for “Create New Category:” and then press “Create”
Once the name of your category popups in the dropdown box you can now add it to your inventory item(s).
Click on the products you want to attach to your category.
Hover over “Select Action” and select “Set Category”
When attaching, deleting or clearing categories from your inventory,
you must make sure the category name is in the dropdown box first.
You can download reports on all of your inventory items by clicking on the “Download” button.
Creating Email Templates
You have two options when creating email templates:
- You can use Seller’s Suite Easy Builder, which has predesigned templates for your to use.
- You can use our Advanced Builder and create your own custom designed plain text or HTML email templates.
For this tutorial we will create a template and send a test email to ourselves for both the Advanced Builder and Easy Builder.
Select a template from“Current Templates” dropdown
Select an email design from the slide to the left
Then fill out the form as you see fit
NOTE: to see what each feature does, you can preview your email
Click preview to see an example of what your email will look like
NOTE: You may enter a valid Amazon Order Id from the last 90 days and send
it to youself to see exactly what your customers will see.
Once satisfied with your email template, press "Save"
- To get to the Advanced Builder, click on “Go to Advanced Builder” from the Easy Builder page.
- To create a new template in the Advanced Builder, click “Create New Template” and enter a name for your template.
- Enter a name for your new template
- For plain text, simply enter your message in the text editor
If you want to enter custom HTML, click on the icon circled in red in the image.
A window will popup and this will tbe the window you enter your HTML and CSS in
- To make your emails dynamic, click on the “Short Tags” buttons seen below
- To upload documents, videos or images, click on the button below and follow.
- Once you have finished your email you can preview it and send yourself a test email by clicking on the preview button.
- When finished, be sure to press "Save"
The SKU Messaging system allows you to attach unique messaging, images,
documents and/or videos to SKUs found in your inventory. This feature
can be used in both the Easy Builder and the Advanced Builder
- To use this feature, click on the Edit SKU’s button
- Select Create New SKU message
- Enter SKUs in the box below and be sure to separate them by comma.
- Press "Save" when finished.
In the Advanced builder, the SKU Messages will show up wherever you include the short tag “”[[SKU_MSG]]”
as seen in the picture
In the Easy Builder, for a template to use unique SKU Messages, you must make sure “Provide SKU related information” is selected
To create campaigns:
Navigate to E-Mailer-> Campaign Builder in the side menu and then
follow these instructions:
- Create a campaign by clicking on “Create New Campaign”
- Enter the information in the form
You MUST include a campaign name and products that you want to include in the campaign.
Also, campaigns that apply to “All Products” can be the only active campaign.
Next click on the “Campaign Schedule” tab.
Here you can schedule the time and what email template will go out for each email.
- Once finished, click “Save and Exit”
You must have at least one email sequence activated.
Seller’s Suite provides a number of features that allow you to exclude specific emails from being
sent to certain customers. The goal of these emails is to intelligently target customers who
have a higher chance of leaving you positive reviews and excluding those who are likely
to leave you anegative reviews.
There are two pages that allow you to exclude emails from going out,
the Orders page and the Auto-Exclusions page.
- On the side menu, click on “E-Mailer -> Auto-Exclusions”
On this page you have 3 tabs, General Exclusions, Buyer Exclusions, and SKU exclusions
General Exclusions Tab - Select from the options and they will apply to all emails going forward
Buyer Exclusions Tab - Enter the Amazon email address of any buyer and no more emails will be sent to that buyer going forward. You may remove the buyer at anytime
SKU Exclusions Tab - Any SKU you enter into this list will be permantly removed from all future emails or until you take it off
- Click on “Orders” in the side menu
- Click on the order that you want to exclude from emails and then hover over the ‘Select Action’ button and select “Exclude Order(s)” and then you have two options:
Just this once - will exclude this order from any emails. If the buyer orders from you again, then that order will be included in your email campaigns
All future orders - this will add the buyer from the order(s) you select to the Buyer Exclusion list and no email will be sent to them going forward
Each campaign has an open rate and click rate, which gives you an idea of
how well your campaigns are performing.
- Go to the Dashboard page
- Scroll down to the “Campaign Metrics” portlet. Seen below
Open Rate - tells you how many emails have been opened by your customers.
Click Rate - shows how many times a user click on a link within your email.